1) Why do you like it hot?
The heat opens me up mentally and physically.
2) What are your personal tips to Bikram Yoga Lower East Side students?
Don’t be scared, do your best and don’t judge what happens
3) As a child, what did you want to be “when you grew up?”
Professtional Football player
4) Tell us about your first kiss: who, when, where?
Bobby Jo DePriest, 7th grade, behind the school gym.
5) What’s your most prized possession?
6) What’s your guilty pleasure?
7) What is your most embarrassing moment on the teacher’s box?
Sitting on the box teaching Head to Knee with stretching and looked down to notice my whole world was exposed to the class.
8) What were you doing the day you decided you were going to be a Bikram Yoga Teacher?
Doing thankless concrete work.
9) What’s the best/worst thing about being a Bikram Yoga teacher?
The best is sharing the energy with the class and watching them overcome their struggle. The worst is seeing a student give up and leave the room.
10) What was the first concert you went to?
11) Who was your childhood celebrity crush
Rebecca de Mornay
12) Describe your perfect yoga shorts.
Any that secure the package using minimal material
13) What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
“Can I press snooze?”
14) What’s your sign and birthday?
Scorpio, October 30
15) Have you ever been in love?
16) Say one nice thing about the person who first told you about Bikram Yoga
She is a strong, powerful woman, inside and out.
17) Words or phrases you overuse:
Bengal tiger strength. English bulldog determination.
18) What song(s) best describe you?
Lust for Life, Iggy Pop
19) Do you remember what your first Bikram class was like?
South Beach…I was a hot mess.
20) What was the first album you purchased with your own money?
Beastie Boys Licensed to ill
21) What’s your guilty pleasure?
see number 6
22) Do you have a “most memorable Bikram moment”?
There have been quite a few. One of my favorites happened in teacher training when Bikram addressed one of the students he referred to as “Bushy Bushy”. We were backward bending and Bikram said “Bushy Bushy, What the fuck you doing? You not doing shit!”
23) If you could have any job, what would it be?
I would own a ski resort in Switzerland
24) What’s your more favorite smell?
I love the smells that come along with the change of seasons.
25) What’s your favorite place to hang out in the Lower East Side (besides Bikram of course)?
Tre’ (restaurant on Ludlow)