1) Why do you like it hot?
To keep me humble.
2) What are your personal tips to Bikram Yoga Lower East Side students?
Give up on the idea that the room will ever be anything other that incredibly hot.
3) Tell us about your first kiss: who, when where?
I can’t remember her name but we were on a field trip to New York City to see “The Mystery of Edwin Drood” on Broadway. A bunch of us were in the back playing truth or dare and thus I had to French kiss this girl. Unfortunately she just finished eating some Doritos and had cheese breath and bits of tortilla in her mouth.
4) What were you doing the day you decided you were going to be a Bikram Yoga Instructor?
I was working Christmas Eve at a restaurant. I wanted to cry and decided it was time, after five years of practice, to go to training.
5) What’s the best/worst thing about being a Bikram Yoga teacher?
The best thing is that it’s instant Karma. The worst is dealing with all the dirty looks students give when they perceive the room to not be to their liking.
6) What’s your favorite pose?
That’s hard!…its a toss up between Standing Bow Pulling and Triangle…
7) What was the first concert you went to?
The Jets, who sang “Crush on You”, at the Dutchess County Fair. I snuck backstage with Ingrid Gomez and got to meet the Band.
8) Who was your childhood celebrity crush?
David Hasselhoff in Knight Rider. p.s.- the car was awesome as well!
10) Describe your perfect yoga shorts.
I have recently transitioned from Nike Dri-Fit running shorts (I thought they made me look butch) to anything short and tight because I can move better. Plus Jessica Monty told me my butt looked better in them.
11) What’s your sign and birthday?
Leo. August 8th 1972
12) Do you eat the stems off broccoli?
13) If you could have any hair color, what would it be?
14) Have you ever been in love?
Too many times.
15) Favorite movies?
Vanya on 42nd Street, Magnolia.
16) What is your single biggest fear?
17) What was the first album you purchased with your own money?
Pseudo Echo “Funkytown.”
18) What’s your favorite all time music video? ?
Janet Jackson “The Pleasure Princple”. She’s alone in that great apartment with mirror wearing all black, dancing and flipping her hair around.
19) Do you have a “most memorable Bikram moment”?
Locking out in Standing Bow Pulling Pose during training. I was demonstrating and wearing jeans. Craig Villani was helping me into the posture when my body simply released and I just happened. I only way I knew it happen was because the other 200 people in my class started to go crazy.
20) If you could have any job, what would it be?
Directing theatre on Broadway
21) What’s your most humiliating moment?
During my grandfather’s wake I went to the bathroom. When I returned into the room I had forgotten to zip up my pants and my white dress shirt was sticking out of my open fly like an erect penis. Every one began to laugh and my grandmother fainted.
22) What’s your favorite place to hang out in the Lower East Side (besides Bikram of course)?