1) Why do you like it hot?
I’m an Italian Sagittarius Dragon! Triple fire. Hot is my natural state.
2) What are your personal tips to Bikram Yoga Lower East Side students?
Use what you have today, do what you can, the best you can….and come back tomorrow.
3) As a child, what did you want to be “when you grew up?”
A lawyer (no kidding!)
4) Tell us about your first kiss: who, when, where?
Jon Martel, at Kristin Jones’ party in the 6th grade. We sat on a couch and ‘made out’ while the music played. When a song ended, we sat in awkward silence until the next song came on.
5) What’s your most prized possession?
6) What’s your guilty pleasure?
Chocolate, dark with sea salt. Dude! So good.
7) What is your most embarrassing moment on the teacher’s box?
I was actually practicing. It was at headquarters in LA, Bikram was teaching. He said “arms over your head sideways” for Half-moon and the clasp on my top popped and there were my boobs in the front mirror! Oops.
8) What were you doing the day you decided you were going to be a Bikram Yoga Teacher?
It was 2003, I was with my boyfriend in San Jose, CA. He said he thought I should teach yoga and I responded “what? Are you insane? I can’t teach yoga!!” But I knew right away that I was going to become a teacher.
9) What’s the best/worst thing about being a Bikram Yoga teacher?
Best: the people you meet, and that I ‘work’ in comfy clothes and barefoot
Worst: average of 3 showers every day
10) What was the first concert you went to?
New Kids on the Block
11) Who was your childhood celebrity crush
Johnny Depp (Who is my adulthood celebrity crush? Johnny Depp!)
12) Describe your perfect yoga shorts.
Little, light and dry fast
13) What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
“Shit, what time is it?”
14) What’s your sign and birthday?
1976 Year of the Dragon
I shoot arrows and breathe fire
15) Have you ever been in love?
All the time
16) Say one nice thing about the person who first told you about Bikram Yoga.
17) Words or phrases you overuse:
“Good for you”
“You’re kidding me right now!”
18) What song(s) best describe you?
19) Do you remember what your first Bikram class was like?
20) What was the first album you purchased with your own money?
21) What’s your guilty pleasure?
22) Do you have a “most memorable Bikram moment”?
23) If you could have any job, what would it be?
24) What’s your more favorite smell?
Garlic in olive oil
25) What’s your favorite place to hang out in the Lower East Side (besides Bikram of course)?
(I like to eat!)