1) Why do you like it hot?
2) What are your personal tips to Bikram Yoga Lower East Side students?
Work hard & have fun. It’s Yoga. It’s not that serious
3) As a child, what did you want to be “when you grew up?”
I’m still waiting to grow up & I still haven’t decided. However, I will say that 6 years ago, I didn’t think I’d ever be doing yoga—let alone teaching it.
4) Tell us about your first kiss: who, when, where?
I don’t kiss & tell
5) What’s your most prized possession?
I would say friends, even though I know they’re not possessions.
6) What’s your guilty pleasure?
Watching Big Brother
7) What is your most embarrassing moment on the teacher’s box?
Honestly it takes a lot to embarrass me- I’m someone who falls up escalators.
8) What were you doing the day you decided you were going to be a Bikram Yoga Teacher?
During my third week of practice, Upkar Vaid told me I should become a teacher, and I thought she was crazy.
9) What’s the best/worst thing about being a Bikram Yoga teacher?
Best thing -Seeing students progress. Worst thing- When you talk for 90 minutes straight, some stupid things are bound to come out.
10) What was the first concert you went to?
Only concerts I’ve ever been to were Bruce Springsteen. (My uncle was his production manager.)
11) Who was your childhood celebrity crush
Don’t remember- Guess it wasn’t a big crush
12) Describe your perfect yoga shorts.
La La Land Baby cake shorts
13) What’s the first thing you think of when you wake up in the morning?
Let’s see what is stiff/sore this morning…
14) What’s your sign and birthday?
Sagittarius all the way! Dec 2nd
15) Have you ever been in love?
Nope… unless you count falling in love with dance or yoga.
16) Say one nice thing about the person who first told you about Bikram Yoga.
He told me about Bikram yoga.
17) Words or phrases you overuse:
Teaching: Gorgeous,hands down. Strangely, I seldom use “gorgeous” outside the room.
18) What song(s) best describe you?
19) Do you remember what your first Bikram class was like?
After some of the horror stories I’d heard from friends, I was surprised by how easy it was.
20) What was the first album you purchased with your own money?
Rokapella’s Where in the world is Carmen Sandiego album—I was in their fan club!
22) Do you have a “most memorable Bikram moment”?
Bikram banning bandeau tops at my training.
23) If you could have any job, what would it be?
24) What’s your more favorite smell?
New leather dance shoes
25) What’s your favorite place to hang out in the Lower East Side (besides Bikram of course)?
Verlaine- you can’t go wrong with $5 lychee martinis.